Ciudad Nueva’s summer camps and activities are right around the corner! Our summer programming is powered by generous giving and energized fundraisers. Throughout the spring, our community came together to fundraise and prepare for camp. Thanks to a delicious enchilada fundraiser and a clothing and household goods sale hosted by our community partner NovoTex Mayoreo, we have come closer to reaching our goal of raising $30,000. Summer programming is made possible by the generous donors and neighbors who believe in the important work we do. Our supporters know that our summer programs, camps and special activities do more than keep kids busy – we are building relationships, teaching valuable life skills, and help youth connect with God in deeper ways.
Our summer camps and activities are a big investment, and our youth are worth investing in.
Summer camps and activities provide special opportunities for staff and volunteers to invest in each individual student at a deeper level, utilizing the opportunity afforded by getting away from the everyday to build healthy mentor and peer relationships and provide opportunities to connect with God in profound ways. We know that each time we get the privilege of spending time with our community’s students, we are really equipping tomorrow’s leaders. That’s why we take summer camp so seriously. And for our program’s youth, summer camp is seriously fun!
What can students expect from camp this year?
At Ciudad Nueva’s summer camps, trips, and activities, students can expect a variety of activities to engage their creativity, exercise their leadership skills, and experience outdoor games and challenges. Our team has scheduled experiences to care for the student as a whole. Because we view our students holistically, our leaders use a multi-faceted approach to planning fun activities. This year, some of the activities include:
- Arts and crafts to engage creativity
- Open recreation and sports for team-building
- Movie and popcorn days for rejuvenation and a safe place to cool down and gather
- Outdoor activities to harbor adventure and teach leadership
- Tour college campuses across the state with their high school mentors
Elementary, middle school and high school students, as well as some of their parents and guardians will attend outdoor adventure experiences! Our caring camp leaders will lead the kids through weekly activities and conversations. Here is a breakdown of each grade level’s camp experience:
- Elementary school students and parents/guardians will attend adventure camp in the forests of Ruidoso, New Mexico from 7/23 – 7/25.
- Middle school and high school students will attend adventure camp in beautiful Taos, New Mexico from 6/28 – 7/1.
- Catalyst students involved in our college and career readiness training program hit the road the day after El Paso High’s graduation for a college exploration trip that included visits to The University of Texas, St. Edwards, Trinity University, Concordia University, and St. Mary’s.
For our students, Ciudad Nueva’s summer camp is often a reprieve from the stresses of school and life. It is a time to talk about real life, engage in energetic group activities, and let their creative juices flow. It is such a privilege to receive our campers and watch them grow! As camp approaches, we are still working towards our goal of raising the remaining $15,000 necessary to fund camp and summer programming. From July 19th-August 13th we will be participating in the A Community Thrives national crowdfunding campaign to promote and raise funds for our youth programming. Keep an eye out on our Facebook and Instagram pages and email newsletters for upcoming information. Thank you so much to each of our supporters — you are helping us equip tomorrow’s leaders.